Jewel-Osco Produce Clerk, 3088 Silvis in Silvis, Illinois
JOB TITLE: Farmstand Clerk
Provide prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Stock, rotate and replenish merchandise and ensure highest quality standards are met. Process deliveries, breaking load down onto stock carts or U-Boats, and transferring to sales floor. Comply with Company policies on freshness dating. Maintain clean work areas by consolidating and organizing product.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Asst. Store Director, Farmstand/Perishable Manager
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
• Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the associate’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
• Genuinely thanks each customer and invites them back.
• Assists customers by: (examples include) o escorting them to the products they’re looking for
o securing products that are out of reach
o loading or unloading heavy items
o making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
o performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
• Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
• Answers the department telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call; including taking product orders.
• Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area and sales floor is always clean and neat.
• Processes incoming product deliveries by recording codes on perishable product, verifying product being received; unloading product and moving to designated storage areas according to "5S" standards.
• Ensures an adequate product supply is ready and on hand and develops or follows a production list.
• Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper signage procedures, and meeting customer demands.
• Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis.
• Culls the products in the department; reviews the status and appearance of products for freshness and replenishes and rotates product.
• Cleans department shelving, display areas, food preparation surfaces, floors, doors, walls, and storage areas according to sanitation schedule and standards.
• Removes trash in a timely manner.
• Disassembles and flattens packing boxes and loads disassembled boxes into the baler.
• Ensures total department remains organized according to "5S" standards.
• Cuts, trims and wraps fruits and vegetables as necessary.
• Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures, Safety and Sanitation regulations, and individual store guidelines.
• Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
• Checks invoices against delivered products and supplies.
• Completes all daily bookwork, record keeping, and documentation required by Company, Store Director or Farmstand/Perishable Manager.
Title: Produce Clerk, 3088 Silvis
Requisition ID: 41231