Jewel-Osco Clerk Drug/Gm, 3088, Silvis in Silvis, Illinois
JOB TITLE: Osco Clerk
Provide prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Stock, rotate and replenish merchandise and ensure highest quality standards are met. Process deliveries, breaking load down onto stock carts or U-Boats, and transferring to sales floor. Provide customers with a fast and efficient check-out process. Maintain clean work areas by consolidating and organizing product.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Asst. Store Director, Assistant Manager
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting care, concern, and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
• Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the associate’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
• Genuinely thanks each customer and invites them back.
• Assists customers by: (examples include)
o escorting them to the products they’re looking for
o securing products that are out of reach
o loading or unloading heavy items
o making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
o performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
• Answers calls promptly when paged, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
• Returns discarded merchandise to its proper location to maintain the proper appearance of the sales floor.
• Adheres to all company checking policies and procedures.
• Places merchandise in bags and or cart in a neat, organized fashion.
• Understands and follows local, state, and company policies on sales of tobacco and liquor.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines regarding WIC and EBT (Link).
• Required to know value, look-up numbers, department numbers, and features of items for which money is received.
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures regarding photo processing.
• Responds to price checks and other service calls.
• Completes product relocations and resets to include the assembly and dismantling of shelving units and executes product presentation on end caps and other locations including the appropriate signing, as directed by management.
• Assists in setting/pulling a sale ad by locating the product and attaching/removing the appropriate signing.
• Disassembles and flattens packing boxes and loads disassembled boxes into the baler.
• Prepares the cardboard in the baler for removal, loads to a pallet, and moves the "bale" to the loading dock area.
• Promptly responds to price checks and other service calls.
• Notifies management and or the receiving clerk of overs/shorts/damages.
• Responsible for proper inventory control through stocking, and rotating merchandise on shelf and displays.
• Processes incoming product deliveries by verifying product being received, unloading product and placing in designated storage areas according to "5S" standards.
• Ensures cleanliness of the check-stand area, sales floor, backroom, break room and restrooms: cleans off shelves, sweeps the floor, etc.
• Consolidates product and organizes storage areas according to "5S" standards.
Title: Clerk Drug/Gm, 3088, Silvis
Requisition ID: 48125