US Army Civilian Human Resources Agency Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (NAF) NF-05 in Rock Island, Illinois
The announcement close date has been extended to 3 April with a new cut off date of 27 March.
Applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration. Additional referral lists may be issued at management's request.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide.
Position is located at Rock Island, Illinois - a 4-square mile island in the middle of the mighty Mississippi, located near the Quad Cities where spring is beautiful, summers are warm, and winters are... winter. There are a multitude of things to do in the Quad Cities from street festivals, farmer's markets and concerts, to the John Deere Classic PGA Tour, a giant game of tug-of-war across the Mississippi River and the largest go-kart race on city streets in the world! We are about a 3 hour drive to Chicago if you need to get your big city fix and spend a weekend enjoying Lake Michigan and all the activities that Chicago has to offer.
Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for ensuring NAF HR offices in a CHRA NAF region operate efficiently and effectively, within the established standards and in compliance with all applicable guidance, polices, regulations and laws in support of the customers' mission.
- Uses strategic planning efforts, and partners with senior level customer representatives to ensure HR programs are synchronized with customer requirements.
- Advises key officials on the operational status of HR programs, strategic initiatives, and major areas of concern; and offers authoritative guidance on difficult, unusual, or unprecedented circumstances.
- Directs internal reviews and evaluates HR operations for quality and quantity of work.
- Identifies problem areas, coordinates corrective action plans, and directs program changes to effect program improvements as necessary.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
0201 Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Specialists
Specialists, Human Resources
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- A one year supervisory probationary period may be required
- Complete CHRA NAF Career Path IV within 24 months of placement in position
- A Mobility Agreement is required
- Occasional travel for work purposes is required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed copy of job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty
- Must obtain a Tier III Non-Critical Sensitive background investigation as required for security systems access within a year of placement
- Possess thirty-six (36) months or more multi-functional experience in a full service Federal HR operating environment of which twenty-four (24) months or more experience was at the senior NF-04 level (or equivalent).
- Experience must demonstrate knowledge of Staffing & Recruitment and at least one of the following functional human resources competencies: Position Classification, Management Employee Relations, Labor Relations, or Training
- Possess progressively responsible HR experience which demonstrated the ability to lead a team of functional HR experts
- Experience analyzing, evaluating and recommending appropriate resolutions to complex interrelated Human Resources problems and issues.
- Possess prior experience using Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), analyzing human resources related reports (e.g. Business Objects Applications, IBM Cognos, etc.) and the ability to work with a variety of human resources information systems. Highly Preferred:
In addition to above minimum qualification requirements, applicants will possess twenty-four (24) months of work experience in a NAF Human Resources Program andhave completed training in Basic Staffing, Customer service, Organizational structure, Basic Writing, Time Management, Personnel Management, Leadership, Critical Thinking, Labor Relations, Management Employee Relations, Mediation, Accountability, Effective Communication Skills, Budget and Financial Management, Human Capital Management, Leading People, Strategic Leadership and Supervisory Development.
Note for Applicants: In order to receive full consideration for "highly preferred" criteria, the applicant must provide the following support documentation: Course Title, Course Description, Duration of course (i.e...3 hours or 3 days), Certificate of Completion and/or Training History or transcript.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. Click hereor copy this URL into your browser: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Candidates will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Client Engagement
- Customer Service
- Human Resources Management
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Written Communication
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities: * NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action * NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF) * NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE) * NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV) * NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority consideration:
- Training Certificates,
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 10154531
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12:00 pm (Noon) on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
BG-NAF-W6D3AA USACIVPERSONNELOPSCTRNORTHCENTRAL DO NOT MAIL Rock Island, IL US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493159200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/07/2018 to 04/03/2018
Salary: $98,000 to $112,000 per year
Pay scale & grade: NF 5
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent