Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Site Manager in Rock Island, Illinois
Full Time / Part-Time
Up to 25%
PROJECT MANAGER (RI-17-2242-W):
Bowhead is seeking a Project Manager to be responsible for the performance of the Telecommunications System at Rock Island Arsenal, IL. The Project Manager will oversee contract compliance, personnel, work orders, budget, and billing among other duties. A successful
Project Manager must be service oriented and possess a strong motivation to build a productive relationship with the customer. A global knowledge of Government telecommunication system contracts is desired. This dynamic individual must be responsive, reliable,
detail-oriented, possess sound judgment and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Past supervisory and leadership experience is required, and leadership experience operating under government contracts and working within the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) is desired.
• Must be able to read inside and outside cable drawings as well as engineer and design outside cable plants to include Manhole/Handholes, duct, copper cable, and fiber cable systems.
• Must be able to multi-task and manage priorities effectively; working independently with little direction while managing the technicians who will operate, maintain, and restore equipment and systems in a serviceable condition.
• Will implement overall policy affecting operational aspects of the contract, including the ability to initiate, implement, and change internal project procedures necessary to fulfill contract requirements.
• Establish a chain of command structure to designate responsibility for performance and must be able to accommodate fluctuating workload requirements by efficiently managing labor and materials, to ensure successful performance within budget and timeline.
• Manage the development and maintenance of records (maintenance/repair log, PMI inspection records, cable installation/repair test results, and other required records) and oversee invoicing including accuracy, monthly reporting, and ad hoc reports as required
by the company and customer.
• Must be punctual and flexible regarding scheduled and non-scheduled service requirements and is responsible for ensuring response to all emergency or priority requests are initiated within established timelines.
• Ability to install, remove, maintain, modify, troubleshoot, and repair voice and non-voice communications systems including intercom and public address systems; alarm systems; teletype equipment; and electronic and electromechanical telephone key systems/PBAXs;
terminal and communications equipment, including line drivers.
• A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, but a High School Diploma or GED is required at a minimum. Candidates who possess certificates of completion from a verifiable Telephone Company, Military sponsored training, or higher education in the telephony industry
are encouraged to apply.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience or more managing telecommunications projects
• Knowledge and awareness of OSHA compliance, safety standards, and proper use of tools and equipment is required.
• Working knowledge of Telephony, to include telephone switching.
• Experience managing long (12 months) and short-term (2 months) telecommunications projects concurrently
• Certification in the project management field. (i.e. Project Management Professional (PMP) or CompTIA Project +) required
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts including vendors, subcontractors, and clients.
• Strong interpersonal skills and excellent judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance. US Citizenship is a requirement for clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and random drug screen and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history
check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. Also, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services, which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY:https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=19599
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41