UnityPoint Health Rn Clinic in Moline, Illinois
The RN (Care Management) is supervised by the Manager, Nursing Services. The RN (Care Management) will provide mental health assessment, intervention, and consultation to individuals identified as having psychiatric disorders; plan treatment modalities, coordinate treatment plans and follow clients through the treatment process; may supervise clinical interns assigned to department. The RN (Care Management) will deliver customer service and work cooperatively with other departments. The RN (Care Management) will provide crisis intervention, maintain accurate clinical documentation, and demonstrate Trinity’s principles and values when interacting with clients, families, visitors, physicians and coworkers.
· Care Management: Assures that all clients receive clinically sound triage/referral and ongoing care management services for behavioral health needs.
· Performs diagnostic assessments and collects diagnostic information to determine an individualized treatment plan for the client.
· Plan treatment modalities, coordinate treatment plans and follow clients through the treatment process
· Requests consultation for clients that includes providers, social workers and nursing staff when necessary.
· Uses the nursing process to deliver high quality care appropriate to the age and educational level of the client.
· Responds to phone calls for crises intervention by providing brief direction, recommendations, and crises intervention. Triages phone calls to distinguish between emergencies needing direction to present for a crises evaluation or non-emergency call.
· Evaluate the client’s treatment plan through follow-up assessment and make adjustments based on clinical findings.
· Maintains accurate, concise, current clinical documentation. This includes but is not limited to all phone conversations, requests from the client, prescriptions, changes in the clinical conditions and all consultations with providers.
· Identifies available support systems to meet the needs of each individual client.
· Assist Robert Young Center clients and families by making contact with community agencies.
· Establishes and maintains good working relationships with the medical, educational, and social services community.
· Utilizes safe medication administration practices to administer psychotropic medications.
· Utilizes a holistic approach to determine teaching methods appropriate to the individual client.
· Provides psycho-education to clients and families regarding their illness, medications, and/or treatment plan to supplement information provided by health care professionals.
· Evaluate the client’s understanding of information provided and ability to follow through.
Preferred or Specialized
Registered Nurse degree.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
Three years’ mental health experience.
RN licensure in the state of Illinois and ability to be licensed in the state of Iowa.
Comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory/practice and assessment skills and knowledge of psychological approaches and psychotropic medications. Ability to provide care appropriate to the age and diagnosis of the client. Demonstrate excellent communication skills and professional manner and presentation. Able to establish effective consultative relationship with health care providers, outside agencies, co-workers, and the community. Able to work sensitively with clients. Able to handle multiple priorities, maintain composure under stress, and adapt to a fast paced changing environment.
Requisition ID: 2018-45558
Street: 4600 3rd St
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: Psychiatry- RYC
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 0800-1630 or 0830-1700
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org