Elliot Aviation A&P Mechanic/Paint Shop Mechanic-MLI in Moline, Illinois
General Summary: To inspect, remove, install, troubleshoot and repair airframe, engine and components in a safe, efficient and high quality manner in order to achieve total customer satisfaction as measured by three customer success drivers: the product was delivered “on-time, on budget and squawk free.” To ensure all parts removed from the aircraft are accounted for and stored properly.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform airframe inspections in accordance with customer, FAA and company requirements.
- Remove and reinstall flight controls and miscellaneous parts as necessary.
- Communicate progress with Paint Mechanic Crew Chief and/or other crew chiefs on a regular basis.
- Insure all work performed is inspected by an authorized repair station inspector.
- Insure all paperwork is completed on a daily basis in a concise and legible manner.
- Communicate to the Crew Chief any problems/repairs that cannot be completed within a reasonable period of time or where a problem is unresolved.
- Report any discrepancies noted to the Crew Chief as relates to company tooling/equipment.
- Responsible for locating inventory, and properly dispensing all incoming items by following established guidelines. Inventory parts as they are removed from the aircraft.
- Support Paint Department Technicians by ordering parts as needed, expediting orders, receiving parts, returning material, and dispensing parts.
- Learn, understand and follow the company work order and parts requisition process as written.
- Maintain a clean neat and efficient work area.
- Repair and calibrate shop equipment as assigned.
- Assist other departments as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Job Specific Requirements:
- Airframe License (Preferred Minimum)
In-depth knowledge of aircraft operating systems
Knowledge of and experience with computers
Must be familiar with Federal Aviation Regulations
Must provide own tools
Regularly required to:
Talk and hear
Reach with hands or arms, grasp or pull
Lift objects up to 10 lbs.
Ability to wear PPE.
Occasionally required to:
Sit, climb or balance, kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl
Lift up to 50 lbs.
Limited Exposure to:
Outside weather conditions
Toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes, loud noises and high or precarious places
- Occasional overnight travel.
Language Skill Abilities
Ability to read, write and speak English
Ability to analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public
Education and Experience:
- Must possess a strong mechanical background
- Knowledge of and experience with computers
Location: Moline, Illinois
Department: Paint Shop
Location Name: Moline
Wage: Depends on Experience
Position Type: Full time