Cobham Mission Surface Mount Solder in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a Surface Mount Solder. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Assembles and disassembles electronic products in any state, from partial to complete.
- Performs soldering (thru hole & surface mount) on a wide variety of parts and sub-assemblies where the application of heat must be carefully controlled.
- Replaces malfunctioning parts and/or sub-assemblies, as necessary.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots and reworks non-conforming units in order to return them to acceptable status.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, soldering irons, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and measuring and test equipment to produce finished electronic products that meet all stated requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in soldering, working under extremely close tolerances.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in use of various solders, fluxes, paste, and rinses.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in fitting, adjusting, compensating and testing under close tolerances using prescribed methods.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience reading blueprints (both mechanical and electronic), assembly drawings, sketches, and analysis sheets, to determine the status of units and/or their components.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting assemblies, using appropriate equipment.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in using various kinds of hand and power tools, soldering irons, jigs, fixtures, gauges, measuring and test equipment as required by the job.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in surface mount soldering, working under extremely close tolerances.
- Must possess job-related math skills; must demonstrate competency in basic electronics, as well as job related assembly and surface finish techniques.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at*_www.cobham.com/careers__ or follow us on our LinkedIn page at__www.linkedin.com/company/cobham_*
To be considered you must apply by going to*_www.cobham.com/careers_*
Job Category: Operations
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Job Posting: 02-Mar-2018, 3:34:15 PM
Recruiter: Natalie Dolan
Req ID: 249634