John Deere Quad Cities Skilled: Engineering Technician in Davenport, Iowa
Sets up, maintains, troubleshoots, repairs and operates hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, instrumentation, and electrical systems and equipment in a team environment to conduct laboratory and field tests of agricultural implements and component assemblies and parts to obtain engineering data for product development and improvement.
TYPES OF MACHINES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT USED OR OPERATED:
Various hand and power tools, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic, instrumentation, and test equipment and vehicles, precision measuring tools, computers, dynamometers, agricultural equipment and components, and engines.
Work is not closely supervised, must maintain a safe work environment.
Details are dependent on the duties assigned, but generally consist of:
- Traveling for field testing and reporting approximately 40 percent of the year.
- Working in a self-directed team environment where work is not closely directed or supervised.
- Effectively working with engineers and customers in planning, developing, implementing, and analyzing the results of laboratory and field test processes.
- Performing all work required for product development, testing and evaluation at the John Deere Global Crop Harvesting Product Development Center and other locations in North America and worldwide.
- Setting up and conducting laboratory tests on experimental equipment and components using electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical instrumentation to determine performance, power, efficiency, environmental impact, vibration, fatigue, durability, and operational characteristics.
- Developing, building, calibrating, installing, maintaining, and operating electronic, electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical instrumentation and test equipment in the experimental test laboratory and instrumentation vehicles.
- Conducting tests to obtain engineering data for evaluation and design of agricultural equipment and components.
- Assembling, disassembling, diagnosing problems, overhauling, repairing, adjusting, and testing experimental agricultural equipment and components, performing major mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic work to determine the accuracy of specifications, part dimensions, adjustments, functional performance, stability, durability, and field service feasibility characteristics.
- Setting up and maintaining test fixtures and stands, associated controls, and instrumentation.
- Checking, servicing, and calibrating test equipment to keep it in satisfactory working condition.
- Maintaining inventory of equipment.
Possibly coaching and directing other team members. QUALIFICATIONS:
Associates or Bachelors degree in technology-related field (Electronic Engineering Technology, Agricultural or Mechanical Engineering Technology, Industrial Technology, Agricultural Systems Management, Electro-Mechanical Technology, Agricultural Technology Management, etc)
- Hands-on aptitude
- Willingness to travel
- Valid driver’s license John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.