John Deere Quad Cities Skilled: Electrical Machine Maintenance in Davenport, Iowa
Lays out, installs, modifies and maintains complex electrical circuits, electrical and electronic equipment in a team environment. Diagnoses and remedies any electrical problem.
Types of Machines, Tools and Equipment Used or Operated:
Electrical testing equipment, electrician’s hand and power tools of all types, pipe benders, hoist, tape, soldering equipment, etc.
Work is not closely supervised, must maintain a safe work environment.
Details are dependent on duties assigned but in general consist of the following:
- Must have thorough knowledge of both national and local electrical safety codes.
- Works from intricate wiring diagrams and schematic drawings involving the use of standard electrical symbols for power, control and measurement.
- Works from prints, sketches, or verbal instructions as required.
- Plans work sequence and selects materials and tools.
- Establishes primary and secondary distribution centers, balances loads, wires circuits having a large number of units and connections.
- Must be able to locate and correct electrical trouble of any nature including work on high voltage circuits which may require the use of rigging, ladders and building structure.
- Installs and/or maintains motor, generators, lights, electronic equipment, transformers, switches, lightning arrestors, welding equipment, power and light lines, control panels, automatic controls, switchboards, etc.
- Lubricates and cleans equipment.
- Cleans work area and performs other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job.
- Direct the work of apprentices or other lower grade workers.
- Charges and maintains air conditioning equipment.
- Repairs or salvages old wiring or other electrical equipment.
Performs general maintenance and construction work at times when electrical work is not available or scheduled. Minimum Qualifications:
Electrician journeyman’s card and/or 8 years of industrial experience
- PLC and industrial electrical maintenance experience, CNC and robotics troubleshooting
- Or – Military experience plus 4 years on-the-job training John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.