Cobham Mission Mechanical Test Engineer in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a Mechanical Test Engineer that will support test and verification activities for our mechanical systems in Aerial Refueling and Life Support product lines. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Works with Program Management and cross functional teams to execute qualification and certification programs.
- Supports development of program verification plans: defining tasks, test events, test configuration, hardware planning, test facility selection, coordination and all appropriate documentation.
- Works directly with customers and suppliers to manage verification of system-level and component-level qualification programs.
- Supports the organizing and leading of complex and dynamic activities for the qualification and certification of designs.
- Assists in root cause problem solving activities using industry accepted methods, processes and techniques.
- Performs failure tracking, participates in failure review boards, and makes recommendations for regression testing or analysis.
- Drives and determines appropriate verification methods and success criteria to effectively manage product quality and compliance.
- Oversees execution of qualification activities for both on-site and off-site functional and environmental tests, engineering analyses, inspections and demonstration events.
- Generates and provides input to test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Lift 25 lbs or more occasionally.
- Travel of up to 30%.
- B.S. in an ABET accredited Engineering program.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with aerospace mechanical system Test/Qualification activities.
- Experience generating formal qualification documentation.
- Experience testing mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems and components.
- Experience with Industry standards: RTCA 160D, FAR Part 25, and MIL STD 810
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience with test/qualification activities in mechanical, electrical and environmental qualification testing
- Military or FAA certification experience.
- System verification or flight test experience.
- Aircraft structures testing experience.
- Experience with DOORS requirements management software.
- Experience with aerospace electrical systems, fuel, electro-mechanical systems, hydraulics, and controls.
- Experience with DoD Air Worthiness (MIL-STD-516).
- Tooling design experience.
- Knowledge of material certification testing.
- Ability to work in an office, lab, and indoor industrial environment.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at*_www.cobham.com/careers__ or follow us on our LinkedIn page at__www.linkedin.com/company/cobham_*
To be considered you must apply by going to*_www.cobham.com/careers_*
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Job Posting: 19-Feb-2018, 10:25:14 AM
Recruiter: Lorie Warren
Req ID: 237772