BrandSafway Helper - Clinton Iowa in Clinton, Iowa
Helper - Clinton Iowa
- Works a variable 8 to 10 hours shift, 5 to 6 days a week with a 30 minute lunch break. If
requested, requires working overtime and responding to emergency call-outs whenever
- Loads and unloads tools, materials, and equipment, weighing up to 100 pounds, from
trucks and trailers to worksites. Loads abrasive into abrasive blasting pots.
- Requires erecting scaffolding and installing the proper braces to stabilize the frames.
Assembles structures which requires lifting of 8 foot sections to heights of 50 feet above
- May require climbing up to 200 feet or more, and working from aerial devices at heights
up to 60 feet. Requires use of other pneumatic or motorized equipment common to the
spray painting and abrasive blasting industry.
- May climb on ladders and structures to position material. May also climb out on wood
and concrete structures while lifting heavy materials/hardware and attaching this
equipment to wood, concrete, or steel structures to support construction operations.
FREQUENCY AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Requires performing standing task(40%), climbing(20%), walking(20%), and twisting
- Work positions include squatting(20%), with extended reach above head(20%) and in
front of body(60%), above 18 inches and in front 30 inches.
- Loads and unloads vehicle while lifting and pulling hand tools, ropes, hoses and cables
weighing up to 80 pounds. May carry or use equipment to move materials to worksite up
to 100 feet several times a day.
Lifts 60 pounds up to 10 times per hour for distances up to 100 feet.
Works in both inside and outside environments in all temperatures and climatic
conditions with normal to high levels of noise.
- Operates vehicle to move materials. Must get on and off 5 to 10 times per hour, and
requires squatting and pushing to lifting positions.
BrandSafway, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, special disabled or Vietnam or other era veteran status.