Union Pacific Control Operator in Clinton, Iowa
A Control Operator performs various duties, including communication, via radio, with train and yard crews, responsible for dispatching crews and vans.
- They will handle a considerable amount of computer work, both working with a Mainframe and Windows environment.
- They will perform clerical duties such as handling track warrants, maintain and order office supplies.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Computer literate and have basic keyboarding skills Applicants should have formal training and/or work experience in the use of computers, Mainframe and Microsoft for Windows. Applicants should be proficient in the use of all office machines.
- Must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions as well as possess good verbal communication skills.
- Must pass a typing test of 35 words per minute net. Click here to take a practice typing test.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, contractors and/or customers and effectively handle conflict situations.
- Ability to speak English in a clear, concise manner in order to communicate with coworker(s) and supervisor(s).
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- DOT certified or capable of being DOT certified within a reasonable amount of time
Transportation employees are responsible for serving our customers by providing the safe, on-time and on-plan movement of freight trains. From the switchman organizing freight cars in the train yard to the train crew’s delivery of goods, Transportation makes up the largest portion of Union Pacific’s workforce. Employees are assigned to specific hubs throughout Union Pacific’s 23-state network that dictate the geographic region of work.
Union Pacific is one of America’s premier transportation and logistics companies, linking 23 states in the western two-thirds of the country and serving many of the fastest-growing U.S. cities. Generations of Americans have built successful careers at Union Pacific and in the process, they’ve helped build a nation – delivering lumber for our homes, food for our tables, energy for our power plants and the countless raw materials and finished goods that supply the American way of life.
Location: Clinton, IA
Closing Date: None at 11:59 PM Central Time
Job Open To: Internal and External Candidates