Jewel-Osco Clerk Drug/Gm, 3118, Clinton in Clinton, Iowa
PURPOSE: Exemplifies strong customer service in all aspects of the job. Merchandise drug and general merchandise products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints. Promotes Albertson’s philosophy of personalized service.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Performs receiving, store, pricing, stocking and merchandising duties.
- Builds effective promotional displays and endcaps.
- Assists the Drug/General Merchandise Department Manager with ordering, sales and merchandising functions.
- Rotates products in compliance with Company code dating policies. Faces products and keeps shelves clean. Prevents shrink and sale of out of code products.
- Responsible for performing all job duties accurately, safely and with honesty and integrity.
Performs other duties as assigned and necessary.
PHYSICAL AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be friendly and courteous. Must take initiative and maintain composure in dealing with customers, co-workers and vendors as well have the ability to concentrate and deal with interruptions and customer complaints.
- Ability to cooperate with others and work as part of a team.
- Must work with job aids such as safety cutters and cleaning chemicals.
- Must stand and walk for long periods of time. Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 80 lbs. May push or pull fully loaded hand trucks, six-wheel carts or pallet jacks. May climb ladders. Utilizes safety cutters and cleaning supplies.
- Mental alertness is required to ensure safe, accurate completion of work activities and to do repetitious work accurately.
- May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays. Scheduled hours will vary. Regular attendance is required.
Must comply with Company policies including grooming standards and dress code.
Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store environment. Exposure to varying temperatures while working in the loading and receiving area. Occasional exposure to outdoor environment with varying temperatures.
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Title: Clerk Drug/Gm, 3118, Clinton
Requisition ID: 55376