Jewel-Osco Clerk Deli, 3118, Clinton in Clinton, Iowa
PURPOSE: Provides courteous, personalized service to customers through the preparation and sale of custom sliced and packaged deli items, food/party trays, hot foods, cold prepared take out foods and salads.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints. Promotes Albertson’s philosophy of personalized service in the service deli.
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness by providing fast, friendly customer service. Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques via in-store intercom and one-on-one customer contact.
- May order product to ensure adequate supply to meet customer demand and to maintain product quality and freshness.
- Performs receiving duties including: moving products from the receiving area, organizing cooler and storage areas, refrigerating products immediately, maintaining proper storage temperatures, verifying orders against invoices, reporting shortages and claims to ensure proper billing, dating and rotating products to ensure freshness and compliance with code dating policies.
- Implements proper and efficient product preparation and packaging techniques. Uses and operates related equipment such as kitchen utensils, knives, fryers, conventional and microwave ovens, slicers, grills, food processors, wrappers and scales. Prepares sandwiches, hot and cold foods and food/party trays according to company standards. Wears latex, safety and heat resistance gloves.
- Maintains deli case cleanliness, visual appeal and inventory levels. Responsible for ensuring the proper cleanliness, holding temperature, sanitation and appearance of deli area and equipment and for ensuring a safe work environment.
- Responsible for meeting all sanitation and food and product handling safety requirements.
- Responsible for performing all job duties safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
Other necessary and required duties.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to be friendly, courteous, tactful and maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Must possess good oral communication skills and the ability to read and follow recipes.
- Ability to push and pull fully loaded hand trucks, six-wheel carts and pallet jacks.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs. Frequently engages in repetitive arm movements necessary for slicing, cutting and preparing various deli products.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary. Must be able to operate kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities. Requires knowledge of basic mathematics and weights and measures. Must be able to learn taste, content and perishability of products, safety and sanitation procedures and department policies and procedures.
- Maybe required to work nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays. Scheduled hours will vary. Good attendance is required.
Complies with all Company policies including attendance, grooming standards and dress codes.
Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to cooking procedures, equipment and work aids necessary to perform job duties.
- Exposure up to 350˚ Fahrenheit while cooking and maintaining products. Exposure up to approximately 140˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in hot cases, 35˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in cold cases, 28˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in cooler and -20˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in freezer.
Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store environment.
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company, Division and Store policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each store and from store to store.
Title: Clerk Deli, 3118, Clinton
Requisition ID: 54909